Dr. Dogan Turan – DHI Expert
Dr. Dogan Turan has performed more than 3500 hair transplant operations to patients from around the world since 1999. Dr. Turan is one of the pioneering doctors in Turkey to implement the choi pen method which is also known as DHI (Direct Hair Implant).
Dr. Turan graduated from Istanbul Medical School in 1986. After completing his compulsory military service, he continued his career in Izmir. In 1999 he founded Deniz Private Medical Center and Deniz Hair Transplant Center in Izmir and worked there as Medical Aesthetician until 2006. From 2001 to 2005 he worked as the Chief Surgeon in the General Directorate of Health Services for Borders and Coastal Zone of Turkey of the Ministry of Health of Turkey. In 2005 he also founded Karşıyaka Çesav Medical Center in Izmir.
In 2012 Dr. Turan has taken his experience to Istanbul and he has continued his work in the world of hair transplants as General Surgeon, Medical Aesthetician and General Manager.
It is usual to see Dr. Dogan Turan on national TV channels such as TRT, Haber Turk, Turk Sky, Show TV and ATV Europe thanks to his extensive experience and knowledge of the aesthetic industry.
DHI (Implanter Pen Technique / Choi Implanter Pen Technique) is the transplantation of the harvested grafts into the recipient area by using the implanter pen. The hair follicles are implanted one by one directly into the transplant area in a specific direction, angle and depth, providing 100% natural results and maximum viability.
The advantages of this technique are:
- Incision holes are not required, so:
- The existing hair is not damaged.
- The transplant area bleeds less, heals faster.
- There is a higher survival rate for the tissue.
- Since the tip of the implanter is very thin:
- There is less damage to the follicular unit during the transplant. With the DHI method, between 90-95% of the extracted hairs survive.
- The surgeon can orient the transplanted hair in different angles, which allows a more natural appearance.
- We can achieve a higher density hair transplant: In the DHI technique, high density is 70-90 grafts / cm2. In FUE, this figure is 50-60 grafts / cm2.