It is important that you provide us with as much information as possible about:
- When your hair fall has started and the alopecia level in your family,
- If you have noticed any change in your hair / scalp in recent months,
- If you have received any hair fall prevention treatment,
- If you underwent any previous hair transplant operation,
- Existing medical conditions and current medical treatments.
In addition, you must take into account the following:
- 7 days before the hair transplant operation, you should stop taking any anticoagulants / blood thinners (including aspirin, antidepressants, analgesics, vitamin E, B and / or any other multivitamin compound, and any medication used to treat erectile dysfunction).
- You should not consume alcoholic beverages for a period of at least 7 days before the surgery.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop smoking for at least 24 hours before the surgery.
- You should stop consuming any drink containing caffeine for at least 24 hours before the surgery.
Upon the patient’s arrival in Turkey, these two processes will be carried out:
- Prior to the start of the hair transplant operation, a blood test is performed. Patients suffering from viral diseases such as Hepatitis B, C or AIDS can not be treated.
- Design and Planning: Following the diagnosis provided by the doctor, during the face-to-face consultation with the surgeon the donor and recipient areas are examined, the design of the hair line is identified taking into consideration the patient’s preferences and the donor area of the patient.
During the Implant
Step 1: Preparation for the operation (approximately 1 hour):
– The hair is cut to a length of less than 1mm.
– The donor area is locally anaesthetised.
Step 2: Collection of grafts (approximately 3 hours):
– The extracted follicles are soaked in a special solution that is at a temperature of +4 or +10 degrees.
– The transplant area is anaesthetised and the channels in which the hair follicles will be inserted are opened.
Step 3: Implantation of grafts (2 to 5 hours)
– The donor area is wrapped with a bandage.
– Analgesics are prescribed for possible minor pain and antibiotics for possible infections.
After the Implant
24-48 hours after the implant, the first washing will be carried out. In addition, the pertinent instructions will be given to the patient so that he / she carries out the best possible care of the transplanted and donor areas once he / she returns home.
What you should do after the hair transplant:
- On the day of the operation and for 3 days after, apply ice on the forehead and temples for 10 minutes every hour. Do not apply the ice to the implant area or the eyelids.
- Continue using the athlete’s band for 3 days after the operation (except during the application of ice) to reduce swelling / have a moderate swelling.
- To reduce swelling, sleep at a 45-degree angle for the first three days after surgery. Use a neck pillow or rolled up towel to hold your head in a safe position to protect the new grafts from contact.
You must take into account the following details:
- SEXUAL ACTIVITY: Please avoid any sexual activity during the first 5 days.
- ALCOHOL: Do not drink alcohol for 7 days after the operation.
- TOBACCO: Do not smoke for 7 days after the operation, since your scalp can reduce the retention of the new implanted hair due to the modifications that the tobacco produces in the circulatory flow.
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: Do not practice sports that require great physical activity within 30 days after the operation. Do not bend or lift heavy objects.
- SUN: During the first 30 days after the implant, do not expose the scalp to the sun or high temperatures (sauna).
- HELMET: During the first 30-45 days after the implant, do not use motorcycle or bicycle helmets.
- HAIR DYE: Do not use any dye or bleach on your hair for 30-45 days after hair transplant.
- POOL: During the first 60 days after the implant, do not swim in a pool.
- SOLARIUM: You can not perform any artificial tanning session for at least 60 days after the hair transplant.
- HAIR:For at least 6 months, the hair in the implanted area should only be cut with scissors.
The hair follicles transplanted become strong in a week after surgery.
The transplanted hair grows for 3 to 4 weeks and then falls back. The fall is normal and somewhat expected and should not concern the patient in any case.
The transplanted follicles begin to grow after the third or fourth month at a rate of 1cm per month after the aforementioned fall.
The hair in the frontal zone will grow in 6 or 8 months and the hair in the upper area will grow in 8 or 12 months. This process will continue, reaching the final results in month 12 for the frontal zone and month 18 for the upper zone.